Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 54

Weight:  152
BFP:  36.4%

*cue epic squeeing*  Five pounds!  I dropped five pounds last week!  That means I’ve lost 23 pounds while on Lose It! and 26 pounds over all!  This also means that I’ll almost definitely be at my birthday goal weight (150 by June 23), and that I’m only six pounds away from being half way to my goal!

Now that my celebrating is out of the way, I just want to say that I hate men.  Damn them and their high metabolisms.  Here I am, working out every day, eating 1300 calories and being very careful to stay within budget, and very excited that I’ve lost 26 pounds since the beginning of April.  And here’s my husband, going through 1000 more calories a day, going out and drinking beer every weekend, typically saying, “Well, I’m over my calories anyway,” at least once a week, and only walking with me a day or two a week.  How much has he lost?  28 pounds.  Grrr!  And, to make matters worse, he came out with me today when I did my C25K.  I finished the first day of week 3, thought I was going to die, but I did it.  Matt was cool as can been, barely breaking a sweat, asking, “We’re done running already?” when I was ready to keel over.  Then when we get close to home, he’s all, “I’m going to run home, do you mind?”  At which point I realized how much he was holding back for me.  *sigh*  I get home, and what’s he doing?  Jumping jacks!  I hardly had the energy to stand, and he’s still doing cardio!  Guh!  It almost makes me wonder if I should just repeat week 2 until it gets easy.  Or maybe stay on week 3 till that gets easy.  You know, that sounds like a plan.  Or maybe not till it’s easy, but at least till I can do it and not want to fall over in the middle of the park and wheeze.

It was odd, I was running along, on my last 3 minute bout, and I so wanted to stop.  But I sort of coach myself along.  Don’t stop.  Keep going.  You’ll be fine.  Just to that road sign.  Typically, that’s enough.  But today I wanted to stop.  But my little coaching voice, the one in my voice with Jillian Michaels’ personality, kept me going.  I kept telling myself, yes, you’re breathing heavy, but you’re not into the danger zone yet.  You can still breathe without much issue.  And yes, your legs hurt, but it’s the muscles, not the joints, so that’s to be expected, not anything to worry about.  And that helped.  I just hope it’s enough to get me through the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment