Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 52

*moans*  I just learned a valuable lesson.  I should not eat a Luna Protein bar, then go on a 4 mile walk while drinking half a liter of water.  I got home and promptly proceeded to get very sick.  And this time it wasn’t of my own doing.  I’m debating calling in, I’m so drained.  Figures that ten minutes of throwing up would make me sweat more than an hour and a half of walking.  And I still feel like I might be sick again.  Bleh.

Like I’ve said, I’m a huge, whiny baby when I’m sick.

I bought the Jillian Michaels Yoga Slim Down DVD last night.  I like to watch my workout videos before I do them, that way I have an idea of what’s coming, if I am fit enough to do the exercises, and what modifications I may need.  So here I am, watching Jillian push these two girls through some pretty difficult looking yoga poses, sitting on the couch and eating.  Granted, I was eating a salad, but still.

So as I’m watching this DVD, I’m thinking it looks like what I’ve read about Hot Yoga, just not in a hot room.  As I was thinking this, I got a light bulb moment:  I can create my own hot yoga setting.  My house gets very hot during the summer, so I was thinking if I shut my office door and close the window, it would get very warm in there in no time.  Pop this new DVD in my laptop, and presto, I have my own version of Hot Yoga.  I’d go take a class, but general yoga classes are hard to come by in this area, forget specialty ones.

I was listening to one of Jillian’s podcasts on my iPod when I was walking today, and she mentioned how she was 5’2” 120lbs.  I’m the same height and want to be the same weight, so it gives me a good visual about what I might be able to reach.  Granted, I know that even at the same height, we might not look the same at the same weight.  I’m built wide:  barrel chested, wide hips, broad shoulders, even thin I’m still going to be a bigger girl.  But it’s nice to have a frame of reference like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment