Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 33

Weight: 161
BFP: 37.2%

So I only lost one pound, but I lost 1.5% of my body fat, so yay!  I really wanted to see a bigger weight loss number, but as long as I’m still losing, that’s all that matters.  And I’m hoping it might not have been as big a number as I was hoping for because I’ve started gaining muscle.  I read somewhere that when the average person is working out on a daily basis, they can gain about a pound of muscle a week.

As soon as I’m done here, I have to go get ready to go see my grandma.  I’m kind of worried.  Matt keeps saying not to worry about it, just don’t write things down today.  But that’s what got me last time.  One day of not writing things down led to another, and another, until I completely fell off track.  First he was talking about going to the Chinese buffet, and my first thought was, “Ah hell.”  Seriously, what is there at a Chinese buffet that’s low cal?  And I love Chinese food.  Now he’s talking about Uno’s.  *sigh*  I’ll just have to do the best I can.  And ask the waiter to bring a box right off the bat.  Because if I don’t set at least half the meal aside right away and get it out of my sight, I’ll clear the plate.  I have a bad habit that if food’s in front of me, even if I’m not hungry, I’ll munch.  I won’t even realize I’m doing it.

So I finished my first week of the C25K program today.  It was not easy.  There were a couple times where I was ready to run longer, and I was like, “Okay, isn’t it time to run yet?” while I was walking, but there were also times when I had to tell myself that yes, I could do this, and I was going to run until the little guy said otherwise. 

I had a couple moments I was proud of last night.  I was standing in front of the doughnut display at work, ogling the apple filled doughnuts.  I wanted one soooo badly.  I even went so far as to enter it into Lose It!  It fit within my daily limits, and it looked so yummy up there, with it’s cinnamon and sugar coating and promise of sweet apple goodness inside.  But as I was standing there, staring up at the thing like an idiot (thank god the store was almost empty), I realized that while I had the 298 calories to spend, there was so much else I’d rather spend it on.  I could have a bowl of strawberries and a piece of dark chocolate when I got home (130 calories), or a salad with my soup I was planning for dinner.  Hell, I could have both!  So I walked away, without the doughnut. 

Then I had to go to Wal-Mart.  I’ve been craving a Big Mac for ages.  Not even a whole one, I’d be happy to cut it in half and split it with Matt.  And on the drive over to Wal-Mart, I got thinking about the Mac Snack Wrap.  I was doing the math in my head:  a tortilla is 150 calories, there’s probably about 10 calories with the lettuce and onion.  How many calories could there be in the hamburger and special sauce?  Apparently 170, as the whole thing is 330.  So as I was walking into Wal-Mart, I told myself that I’d just go into McDonalds and ask for the calories, that way I’d be informed.  Can’t hurt to ask, right?  So I did.  And I walked out.  Without the snack wrap.  I was so proud of myself.

2 comments:

  1. Shining moment with the Big Mac... my trick to craving (and slightly unfair)I try to tantalize Richard's sweet tooth or BIG MAC tooth so I can have a bite... I get the flavour and 1/10th the calories (if that). Although, latley he has caught on to my scam and refusing to indulge my cravings.

    Thanks for all the positive comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is amazing. :) If only everybody had the guts to just say "No" there would be no obesity in America! These personal battles are what really matters. Even if the pounds are coming off slower than you want, seeing that you are changing emotionally as a person and your thoughts on food have changed, your physical appearance will change too. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete