Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 37

Day 2, week 2 complete!  I have to push myself, be very stern and tell myself to keep going, I can stop running when the little man says, just make it to that tree up ahead, but I still did it.  I’m a little worried about Tuesday.  I think running for three minutes will be difficult, but I’ll push through it.  If it’s something I can’t do, I’ll just repeat week 2.

So I’ve heard back from the bank I applied at, but not from Home Depot.  Funny, I thought it would be the other way around.  I have a phone interview with the bank today, and I hope it goes well.  Having a full time, nine to five type job would take so much stress off of me right now, and stress is never a good thing for weight loss.  I think I’d still stay at the store on weekends, though.  One, if the bank doesn’t work out, it will be easier to get back into my old schedule if I never left.  And two, I really want to win this weight loss/wellness challenge.  And I can only do that if I’m still an employee.

I’m starting to think that I won’t be able to reach my current goal weight (120lbs), at least not while staying healthy.  I ran the numbers again (like I said, nerd), and at my current body composition, if I were to click my fingers and make every ounce of fat disappear, I’d weigh 101.1lbs.  A low healthy BFP for women 20-39 is 21%.  So if my math is correct, and assuming that I could then click back on a healthy amount of fat, that would put me at 128lbs.  However, if my muscle mass goes up (which it probably will), that number will go up as well.  I’ll see how things look when I get closer, but it looks like my end weight is going to be around 130.  Sadly, that number still makes me cringe.  Obviously, that’s something I still need to work on.  I just want to be healthy, above all else.  I want to get my BFP down to a healthy range and I want to feel better.  I’ll have to come to terms with whatever number is on the scale when that happens.

I spent most of yesterday writing down how I got to this point in my life.  I figured as this blog is focused on my journey to take the weight off, it would be beneficial for me to spend some time on how the weight got there to begin with.  It was rather eye opening.  It’s under the page “The whys of it all” at the top.  Really, it’s just for me, and it’s long as hell, but feel free to read if you want to kill some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment