Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 46

So my baby brother graduated from college yesterday.  With honors.  I am so proud of him!

So I woke up this morning and ran around like a crazy woman because I woke up an hour late.  I wasn’t going to blog, and I wasn’t going to do much of anything but run around with one leg in my pants, trying to brush my teeth and pull my hair back all at once.  Then, when I was getting ready to walk out the door, I noticed I don’t have to be to work at 9, I have to be there at 9:30.  So I have a half an hour to kill. 

Matt and I are talking about taking up kayaking.  Obviously, we’d have to go somewhere for instruction, and I’m sure we’d want to rent them for a few runs before we bought our own, but we think it’d be fun.  And already he’s talking about maybe next summer (if we like the kayaks), packing our crap in the truck, borrowing his friend’s pop up camper, and taking that, the kayaks, and our bikes up to the Adirondacks for a weekend.  For those of you who have not been up there, it is amazing.  A few years ago some friends and I hiked to the top of this rock that looked out over the Hudson River Valley, and it was so beautiful.  Just how far out you could see, I actually thought the Hudson was part of the skyline.

If you haven’t voted for Daris yet, please go do so!  You can vote 10 times online (not sure if that’s per IP or per email address), and three times per phone number.  Please vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment