Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 39

*moans*  I feel…well, a lot of words and phrases come to mind, none of them suitable for public usage.  Let’s just say I feel icky and leave it at that.  It started last night.  I kept sneezing, and I kept telling the girl I was working with that it was crazy how thirsty I was.  I’d take a power chug, but as soon as I swallowed, my throat started burning again like I was parched.  She suggested diabetes, which scared the hell out of me, even though I’ve always tested on the low side of normal, even after food.  See, my great grandmother died of diabetes, and my grandmother, aunt, and mother all have it.  Avoiding diabetes is one of the many reasons I decided to turn my life around.

So I’m going along, trying to do my work, trying to figure out why I’m so thirsty as I sneeze and have trouble focusing.  Around eight I looked quickly over my shoulder and about fell over; it felt like the room tipped on its side.  My first thought was if I had eaten enough.  But then it hit me:  I wasn’t thirsty, my throat was sore.  Insert rather nasty cuss word here.

This just doesn’t make sense to me.  I mean, aren’t people who eat right and take a daily vitamin supposed to have better immune systems?  I know this won’t mess with the food aspect of my diet, but the last thing I feel like doing is going out for a run.  Granted, I wasn’t going to go this morning anyway (I would have had to have gotten up at 3am), but I was going to go in the afternoon.  I don’t think I could even manage Pilates today.

I want nothing more than to crawl back into bed with a nice hot cup of lemon tea, but the new kid they have working overnights apparently doesn’t know that when a phone rings, you’re supposed to pick it up.  So I’ll go in, tell them I’m only there until the next Express comes in, then come home.  To crawl into bed and die.

Sorry, I turn into a whiny baby (edited) when I’m sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment