Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 42

I just had a long post done up, complete with measurements, and my computer ate it.  I think I swore loudly enough for the neighbors to hear.  And there goes all the relaxing feelings from the yoga I did this morning.

Anywho, today was measurement day.  I last measured myself a month ago, so I thought now would be a good time to retake them, see what’s changed.

Chest:  40.5”
Waist:  35.5”
Hips:  39”
Thigh:  21.75”
Bicep:  12.5”

So that’s 2 inches from my chest, 2 from my waist, 2.5 from my hips, and .5 from both my thigh and my bicep, for a grand total of 7.5 inches lost over this past month.  I was very surprised by how much I lost.  I mean, I’ve lost 20 pounds, I know I had to have lost inches somewhere, but I didn’t realize it would be that many, you know?

So yesterday went well, as well as a funeral can go, I guess.  Afterwards I got to hang out with my brother and cousins (I hadn’t seen my cousins in years).  I’ve always been the only girl, and growing up I used to try to keep up with them with eating (probably part of what got me into this situation).  So when my brother told me he was ordering Philly Cheese Steak pizza, I think everyone was surprised when I bowed out.  I was made fun of for counting calories, but when I pointed out that there were at least 1000 calories in each slice, they stopped teasing.  I was worried I’d cave and eat a slice at first (I love Philly Cheese Steak), but when I saw it…yeah, nothing to worry about.  It looked gross.  I’m sure it’s something I would have eaten before, but now…ew.

I’m still sick (did I mention it takes me forever to get over colds?), but I am feeling better.  I did an hour of yoga this morning, as I didn’t think I could handle anything more involved.  I was going to run, but I think I’m going to wait until Friday to run.  I’m on the last day of week 2, and this way I can get on a MWF schedule, with Monday being the first day of the new week.  I’m kind of anal about things like that.

Since I’m doing my rewards based on what I’ve lost total, not what I’ve lost while on Lose It!, I bought myself my 20lb reward yesterday.  I got one of those things that straps around your arm and holds your iPod when you run.  It even has a little pocket where I can store some cash, in case I need water NOW.  I know I’ve completely deviated from my original rewards list, but as I’ve gone along, I’ve found I want different things more. 

2 comments:

  1. Great stats! Congrats on all your inches lost! 20 lbs in a month and a half! That's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miki, you are an inspiration to everybody. Not only do you not let your personal life consume your lifestyle change, you're so driven and motivated! I can't believe you're already 20 pounds down! Thats just amazing!

    Keep up the good work. You're a wonderful, beautiful person, and you are destined to be happy and healthy as well.

    ReplyDelete