Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 28

So today’s a little weird.  Today I’m writing before my exercise, not after.  Why, might you ask?  Oh, because my husband decided that after five years of waking me up before he leaves, he would choose the day that I had something I needed to tell him not to.  So because everyone he knows seems to be unlisted, and we don’t have any of their numbers on our white board, I have to walk up to his friend’s house, hope that they have the phone number of the place that he’s working, walk back, and pray that they answer.  Because when my boss wrote the schedule this week, she didn’t have anyone in the office for half an hour.  So I have to go into work an hour early.  And we have only one car.

Oh, did I mention that it’s a six mile round trip?  Yeah.  Good times.  At least it’s not raining.

So last night I bought a blender so I can start making smoothies.  I think I’m going to look at a few smoothie recipes so I can grasp the basics, then I might start making my own.

This is odd.  I’ve never been much of a cook.  Baking, sure, I could bake like you couldn’t believe.  When my brother was in grade school, I made chocolate chip cookies for him to sell in their bake sale.  They were the first to sell out, and the teacher sent him home for more, even though there were other chocolate chip cookies there.  And I’d tweak those recipes, make them my own, but I never made up a recipe.  And I’d never even tweak a cooking recipe.  So for me to be doing this, and with health food none the less, is just bizarre to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment