Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 27

If this morning was any indication of how today’s going to go, I might as well drag my ass back to bed.  First, I couldn’t wake up.  I had to drag myself into the bathroom to start my day.  That hasn’t happened for a while.  Then when I was doing my Pilates, I remembered that I need 30 minutes of moderate activity each day, or activity that changes how I breathe.  Even if I can count the Pilates, I still need ten more minutes.  And then when I was trying to get my breakfast together, I kept knocking the cereal box over.  I must have dumped at least a cup and a half onto the floor.  *sigh*

I forgot to mention that yesterday was the first official day of the Well at Work challenge.  I got all the points I could yesterday, but I sort of had to work to get the fruits and veggies in.  I mean, by the end of the day I was more than there, and I’m sure I was underestimating my values (the paper says we need 5 or more cups, I go mostly by ounces).  I think a lot of that was because I over slept again and missed one meal (I had breakfast and dinner, cut lunch).  I made up for the calories though, with all that fruit.

Matt and I got a bag of mandarin oranges when we went shopping the other day, and I think I might have to go grab another bag.  They’re only 50 calories each, packed with vitamin C, and are very versatile.  I ate a bunch of them as is yesterday, but for supper I put them to good use.  For supper I started with 3oz of spinach (approx 2 cups), added a pealed and segmented mandarin orange, half an ounce of cheese, and a Tbsp of sunflower seeds.  Atop all that I added a salmon patty, and squeezed the juice from one mandarin orange over everything instead of dressing.  It was yummy.  And it didn’t make me sick again, so added bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment