Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 51

So today I was finally able to continue my C25K program.  Didn’t think I’d make it through a couple spots, but I did.  I don’t know if I’ll be able to do week three yet, but I’m going to try Monday.  I figure if I can’t make it through the first three minute bout, I’ll just switch back to week two and do it over.  No need to risk dying of an asthma attack in the middle of some back road, right?

I bought new running shoes yesterday.  I really like them; they’re nice and comfy and have lots of orange and silver accents.  They’re a brand I’d never heard of, Ryka.  Based on what the box and the site says, the whole company is focused solely on a woman’s shoe needs.  They were more comfortable than my two year old New Balances.  I’ll give a more complete review in a couple weeks.

The thing that disappointed me was that no one seemed to know anything about the Nike+ system.  I kind of wanted to get that this time around so I could start using it, but as I didn’t get a Nike+ shoe, it’s a no go.  I was wondering if maybe I could still use the little sensor in my shoe (not a very big Nike fan), but it’s looking like that’s not going to work either.  It fits in place in a little hole under the insert of the compatible shoes.  It looks thin enough that at first I thought I could just tape it in place or something, but my luck I’d have a Princess and the Pea situation.  Matt suggested maybe cutting a piece out of the sole of the shoe I have, but I don’t know enough about how shoes work to be willing to risk that.  I mean, I know I could do it, but what if it compromises how the shoe works?  *sigh*  So, it looks like next time I buy a running shoe (which according to the sales lady will be sometime within 3-6 months), I’m going to be getting Nike if I want to use this damned program on my iPod.  Who knows, maybe I’ll end up liking the shoe.

I didn’t get the bank job.  The interview yesterday went well, and the guy seemed impressed with my experience, but they’d already filled the position.  He did say that he was going to look at the other branches in my area and see if he can get me a face to face interview in the next couple of weeks.  There is another opening at a branch near Albany, but that’s an hour drive.  And it’s in a store, so it’s open late and on weekends and most holidays.  Bleh.

I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, though.  For example, five years ago, Matt was in a serious relationship.  He loved this chick, but she was kind of a bitch.  Totally broke his heart one day in May.  So, heartbroken and depressed, he made his way to the local gas station for junk food to try to ease the pain, and met me.  The start of our friendship (which led to our relationship then marriage), was the two of us venting about past relationships and how our exes sucked. 

So maybe I haven’t been getting these full time jobs for a reason.  I opened my schedule at work back up (since I wasn’t finding a second job either), and I’m hoping that I’ll start to get more hours since half our store is leaving.  And in the fall, since I’m still working at the store, I’ll have time to audit a couple classes at the local college.  I’m thinking I’m going to check out a couple Nutrition classes.  I’ve been having such a great time with this whole weight loss thing, researching how it works and what I’m supposed to be getting nutrient wise, then using that information to help not only Matt, but some people at work too.  I think being a RD is something I could not only do, but enjoy doing.  I looked at the course program online, and it’s heavy in nutrition courses (obviously), but also in Bio and Chem.  I aced both those classes in high school, and got an A when I took a college level Bio class in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment