Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 80

So I did my C25K training today.  Aren’t these things supposed to get easier, not more difficult?  I’m thinking maybe I should change up my route again or something, because I had a hard time getting through today.  I mean, it wasn’t as bad as the first time I tried week 3, no where near, but it was still a little more difficult than it had been.  I’m going to try taking a different route on Monday, and maybe starting week 4 again.  Maybe that’s the kick in the tush that I need.

So I took my heart rate monitor on my walk today, and it was quite useful.  It also has a thing that tells you how far you’ve walked and how many miles per hour you’re walking, and I think I used those more than the monitor itself.  I’d check my speed, and if it dipped below where I wanted to be, I upped the intensity.  And made it back in an hour and thirty minutes.  It used to take me that to walk the four mile loop.

I was thinking the other day, back when I first moved here with my mum, we walked a couple times, just up to the end of the street and back.  One day we went further, almost three miles, and I thought I was going to die.  She suggested that maybe one day we could go even further, out over the highway, and I told her she was nuts.  There was no way I could ever walk that far.  Well, that’s the loop I’ve been walking four times a week.  I’m amazed at how far I’ve come.

No comments:

Post a Comment