Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 61

Weight: 152
BFP: 36.4%

Um…yeah, that’s the same as last week.  I’m a little confused and bothered by that, as this is the first week I haven’t lost, but okay.  I had a crazy good week last week, it makes since that this week would be a little lacking.  I just am going to try to make up for it next week.

I bought some stone ground flaxseed meal the other day and added it to my smoothie this morning.  It gives it a slightly different flavor, but nothing really noticeable.  I’ll wait to see if it makes me fuller longer or anything.  I’ll still use it even if it doesn’t, as the main reason I bought it was for the omega 3.  I like fish, and I try to eat either salmon or tuna three times a week.  Matt hates fish though, so I’m hoping I can sneak some flaxseed into things.  The one thing I don’t like so far?  It makes my blender more difficult to clean.  Oh well, small price.

So I made it through day 1, week 3 of my C25K today without much issue.  I changed my music that I had playing to Jillian Michaels’ podcast, the thought being that 1) the music was getting a little old, and 2) it’d be easier to push through if I had a smile on my face, and she makes me laugh.  So that paired with my new focus on the distance technique worked well…until the last run.  It was a three minute run, and I wasn’t worried about it because I made it through the first without once thinking “Oh my God, how much longer?!”  But the minute I heard the chimes telling me it was time to run again, I knew I was screwed.  I had just started up this really steep hill.  I made it up the hill and almost stopped, but I pushed myself to keep going.  After I was on the level for a bit, though, I was okay.  All in all, I think I’m good to keep going with week 3.  I might repeat week 3, though.

If I keep this up, C25K will take me 18 weeks, not 9.  I don’t mind, though.  I don’t want to push or strain myself, so even if it takes me six months, as long as I go at my pace but still challenge myself, I’ll be happy.  This isn’t a race, after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment