Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 69

It’s amazing how quickly the time has gone.  I figured today would be a good day to look back on how far I’ve come.

Three months ago I was not in a good place.  I woke up whenever, got right out of bed, grabbed my laptop, crawled back into bed, and spent the day on the net.  Sometimes I’d read, sometimes I’d write, but I rarely left the bed.  If I ate, it was usually crap.  I think one day I even had chips for breakfast.  I didn’t exercise, I didn’t eat well, I didn’t take care of myself.  And I wasn’t happy.  Actually, I was deeply depressed.

Six months ago was pretty much the same thing.  I’d have periods where I’d spend a day or two being healthy, I’d take a walk, try to eat smaller servings, drink more water, all that good stuff.  But it’d only last a day or two.

A year ago I was just getting off a diet.  I’d lost 20 pounds, but I only stuck with being healthy for a little over a month.

Already this time round I’m just over two months.  And I’m planning on this being the last time that I have to get healthy again.  I want to keep doing what I’m doing now.  I love working out.  Sure, I don’t go crazy, I’m not going to boot camp or spinning classes every week, I don’t even belong to a gym.  But I’m having fun with what I’m doing, and I’m getting healthier every day, and that’s what’s important to me.  Yesterday I did something I never thought I’d be able to do:  I ran for five minutes straight.  Granted, I had to pause the C25K app to give me more resting time (I’m going to keep doing week 4 until I no longer have to do that), but I did it.  I never would have been able to do that before.  I think the longest I’d ran straight before last month was 90 seconds.  Maybe two minutes.  So for me, that was huge.

Hopefully a year from now I can look back on this and say never again.  Never again will I have weight issues.  Never again will I put nothing but crap into my body.  And never again will I let myself go.

No comments:

Post a Comment