Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 57

I am currently in my new favorite place: out on my back porch, looking out over the beautiful hills and trees of upstate New York. I used to hate being outside. I haven’t voluntarily gone outdoors for an extended period of time without grumbling about it (at least internally) since I was a kid. But that’s changed of late. I don’t want to do a work out DVD, I want to go walk. I don’t want to sit in my office and watch the birds through the window, I want to be out here, where I can feel the breeze, see the birds, hear all their songs. I don’t know if it’s a sign that the depression I’ve battled for over a decade is starting to lift or what, but I’m enjoying it. Only a few things could make this spot better: a plug in for my laptop, the screens up to keep the bugs out (the porch is currently unfinished), and some more lights so I could sit out here at night. Matt and I ate dinner out here last night, which was nice. Something tells me I’m going to be spending a lot of time out here this summer.

So I just did level 1 of my Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD, and let me tell you, it was one hell of a work out. I mean, I knew buying it that it wouldn’t be some slow, relaxing yoga routine. I even watched it before hand, so I knew what I was getting into. Or at least I thought I did. There were a couple spots that I just collapsed. I know a couple of the problems would have been solved by getting a mat (when I was doing the dolphin, I just couldn’t stand the pain of the carpet digging into my forearms any longer). But still, it was craziness. I was panting and sweating like I was jogging around the block. It was insane. And I can’t wait to do it again. I don’t think I can handle it yet after a run, but I think I’ve found what I’ll be doing on the days that I’m not running.

Oh, I was watching this CNBC special on obesity the other day, thought I'd share. It's called One Nation Overweight and it's rather illuminating.

No comments:

Post a Comment