Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 58

So I tried something new with my C25K training today.  First, instead of crossing the tracks for the loop that’s just over 2 miles, I kept going, past the lake, for the 4 mile loop, so I was going (for about half of it) through different scenery.  Second, I used a trick I do when I have to give blood:  I picked a spot in the distance and focused only on it.  I ignored what was going on with my body, just focused on whatever spot I had in my sights.  I’d been doing something similar, but instead of focusing on something in the far distance (like a mountain or a cloud), I’d pick something I thought I could reach, like a tree or a stop sign, then I’d tell myself, just make it that far.  The difference?  I didn’t have a single, “Oh thank God” moment, and each time when the little dinger went off telling me I could stop running, I could have kept going.  I’m going to stick with week 2 for Friday, but Monday I might try week 3 again.

Today’s the week four weigh in at work.  I have to call the chick at noon and ask what I can do, since the weigh in’s only from noon till 2, and I won’t be there until 3:30.  Maybe she’ll stick around, or she’ll let me weigh myself and write it in the book for her.  There are prizes for whomever’s lost the most weight per store at the half way point, but as far as the contest goes, I’ve only lost 10lbs.  So who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment