Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 72

I switched back to week 3 in my C25K training today.  For some reason I just couldn’t even do the first five minute run.  So I went through week 3 again, and didn’t pause it for that damned hill.  I ran up the thing.  I think I might keep training on week 3 until the hill doesn’t about kill me, then I’ll go back to week 4 again.  I was hoping to be done with my training so that I could run in a local 5k this October, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

I’m driving up to see my grandma and dad today.  Father’s day is Sunday, my dad’s birthday is Tuesday, and my grandma wanted to see me for my birthday, so I figure I’m killing three birds with one stone.  I’m just nervous, because I haven’t ever driven that far on my own (it’s about 2 hours), nor have I driven in such a populated area.  My grandma lives in the outskirts of one of the state’s larger cities.  But, if I get in the right lane coming off the highway, I’ll be fine.  Worst case scenario, I pull into a parking lot and turn around.  I know the area fairly well, so I don’t think I’ll get lost.  But, just in case, I’m bringing the GPS. 

This first year of having my license is showing me that I can do lots of things I never thought I’d be able to do (like driving on the highway).  It’s just another little thing that proves that if I set my mind to it, I can do anything I want.  Anyway, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment