Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 56

So yesterday something kind of big happened.  The people in the office know I’m losing weight, some of them even know how much I’ve lost.  It’s part of how I keep myself accountable.  If I haven’t come in with a new number or haven’t talked about what I’ve been doing in a while, they’ll ask.  But it’s just the people in the office.  Yesterday a girl from floral came in to tell me I could take her drawer, and she stopped, looked at me, and asked, “Have you lost weight?  You look slimmer.”  She’s the first person who hasn’t known who’s noticed.  So yay!

Yesterday was also difficult for me.  I was fine before going to work, but I had to keep walking by these triple layer chocolate tortes we have on sale this week, and I so wanted one.  It went from wanting the torte, to wanting a chili dog, to wanting all other kinds of crap.  And the thought that typically means I’m nearing the end of a diet kept creeping into my head: I miss eating like a fat girl.  I eventually realized that much of these cravings are because I’m PMSing.  But I’m still worried.  I think I’m going to give myself a 1600 calorie day here soon.  Or maybe find a way that I can have a chili dog.  They make the turkey chili that I think is lower calorie, and the turkey dogs are low cal and the only ones I’ll eat.  I ended up grabbing one of those Smart Ones desserts to help ease my chocolate attack.  *sigh*  Why is losing weight so damn difficult?

I’ve decided that I’m going to stick with week 2 of my C25K program for a while.  I’m good for the first three runs, but after that I start dreading the little dinging noise.  I figure I’ll move on when I stop saying “Oh thank God” every time I get to stop running.

1 comment:

  1. You deserve a break. I promise.
    It kick starts your metabolism, it confuses your body, and it makes losing weight even easier.
    I mean, I went on vacation for a week and ate whatever I wanted. Two days of getting back on the wagon without feeling the "diet deprivation" and I'm already 3 pounds down.

    I think, to relieve your cravings, go ahead and give yourself a free day, or a more indulgent day. That way, you won't feel so deprived.

    But congrats on the compliment! Seriosly! But you ARE almost 30 pounds down, so people better be noticing!

    ReplyDelete