Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 62

So yesterday I walked close to 16 miles.  Not all at once, of course, but over the course of the day.  In the morning, when I was doing my C25K training, I took the four mile loop.  Then when I got home, I decided to go on another walk, turned around a half mile from home because I forgot my hat and it was sunny, then walked the five mile loop.  Then after dinner, I was sitting around and decided another walk was in order, so I did the five mile loop again, only this time instead of turning where I normally would, I kept going and turned later down the road, adding almost another mile on.  It was great.

I was poking around the organic section at the store where I work yesterday, and I found this juice Jillian Michaels has been talking about on her podcast.  It’s called Simply Cranberry (or Cherry, or Pomegranate, depending on the fruit).  It’s 100% juice, no apple juice to cut it, no sugar, no preservatives, nothing.  All that’s in the bottle is what they squeeze from the fruit (and sometimes a little purified water to reconstitute it).  The brand name was $10 for a 32oz bottle (yikes!), but the store has an organic store brand that’s the exact same stuff for $4 a 32oz bottle.  The only difference is that the name brand is in glass, store brand is in plastic.  I’ve been stirring a tablespoon of the juice into 12oz of water (ends up being 4 calories a glass).  It gives the water some flavor (tastes a little like I stirred some lemon in), and cranberry is a diuretic, so I’m hoping it will help me lose some water weight. 

I’m still a little upset about that weigh in yesterday.  But when I think about it, it kind of makes sense.  I had a crazy good week the week before, so it stands to reason that I’d have a lower weight loss this week.  That and I’m expecting my period, so I’m holding onto water weight.  So here’s hoping that next Monday brings a good number.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job, Miki! I suggest you put a pedometer on your sneakers and walk no less than 10,000 steps a day. My co-worker has lost 10 lbs since starting our pedometer program. I haven't because I eat all my calories. It is a good measure to ensure you are getting enough activity. It sounds like you are very fit and active. Congrats! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am now going to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete