Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 78

So yesterday…let’s just say I’m going to stop celebrating my birthday on even numbered years.  On the up side, I got a heart rate monitor, new shoes for work that are similar to the Reebok Easy Tones, and a thing of pepper spray incase that damned dog tries to eat me again.  I did go more over my calories than I had planned, but on the upside I didn’t use it as an excuse to blow the rest of the day.  And today when I hopped on the scale it only read 150.  I’m going to stay away from the scale until Monday, though.  Well, I’ll try.

When we were waiting for the time between lunch and our movie to pass, Matt took me to the mall.  I decided that while I wouldn’t buy anything just yet, it might be fun to try some clothes on, see if I’d dropped any sizes.  Boy, was I disappointed.  Everything was large.  And the size 13 pair of jeans I tried on that I was sure wouldn’t fit, fit perfectly on my waist, but were about six inches too long.  I know every designer cuts their sizes differently, so it’s normal to have a little difference in sizes, but I’ve lost almost 30 pounds, I kind of expected to go down at least one size.  Now, it’s true that I haven’t really bought clothes since I crossed the gap between 160 and 180, but now I’m 150, 10 pounds should be at least some kind of size difference, right?  I know the clothes I had been wearing fit differently, but is that because I no longer fit into that size, or did I stretch these clothes out?  I’m not the type of person to squeeze myself into too small clothes, so I didn’t think that was the case, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment