Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 63

New York weather is insane!  Last month was crazy hot, this month is freezing!  We have the heat on, I’m eating a bowl of oatmeal and strawberries (which put me 90 calories over my breakfast calories, but that’s planned for only 1200 calories a day) because there was no way I was eating anything cold.  I hope the temp heats up some for my afternoon walk.

But, of course, there’s a 50% chance of rain from 11 on today.  *sigh*  I wish I owned a treadmill.  Typically my family gives me money for my birthday, so maybe if I pool it together, Matt will help me cover the difference and I can own one by the end of the month.  Here’s hoping.

Just recently I’ve started following this blog, Jack Sh*t, Gettin’ Fit.   He’s very funny, and I recommend that you at least check him out, if you haven’t already.  He does this thing he calls W.I.D.T.H (Why I Do This Here), where he asks readers to take a note card, write down why they’re getting fit, take a picture, and send it in.  So yesterday IJack fit took one, but it got me thinking, and pretty much as soon as I hit send, I thought of a bunch more to do.   I mean, yes, that covers many of my reasons:  I don’t want to feel like I can’t wear the clothes I like, I don’t want to stay away from the pool any more, I don’t want to reach for something to cover myself with every time my husband walks in when I’m changing.  I mean, he’s my husband for God’s sake, he tells me all the time how sexy he thinks I am, but I still don’t want him to see me naked.  *sigh* 

No comments:

Post a Comment