Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 20

This morning I just did Pilates.  The set I have comes with ideas for a schedule to start up, depending on what you want.  For maximum weight loss, they suggest the 50 minute DVD MWF, and one of the 20 min DVDs TTS.  I figure I’ll do that, then use my exercise ball and the resistance band on Sundays.

Yesterday I struggled to get more calories in.  First I missed lunch (so I ended up 300 calories under budget), so I tried to make up for that.  For dinner I cooked herb crusted chicken breasts (one breast was two servings), brown rice, and salads.  It came to be 505 calories.  And I almost couldn’t finish.  Normally, I wouldn’t have worried about it.  I would have tossed whatever was left (no room in the current fridge to store leftovers) and said yay for saving some calories.  But I’m trying to get more calories in, so that would have been counterproductive.  *sigh*

On the upside of things, our new fridge arrives Thursday!  The old one kicked it a week or so ago, so we’ve been using my minifridge from college.  It works well enough, but there’s not a lot of room.  With the big fridge, we’ll be able to buy more healthy things, so we can have a wider variety.  It also has an icemaker.  It’s not one of those in the door types, the spot for a fridge in our kitchen isn’t big enough for one of those, but it still produces its own ice.  Matt likes his drinks iced, and I’m hoping if he doesn’t have to take out a tray, crack it, and refill it, he’ll be more likely to drink.  Here’s hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment