Friday, April 9, 2010

175

We're doing this 8 week weightloss challenge at work, and I figured I'd blog about my experience. What I'm doing, what works, what doesn't.

Last year I lost 20 pounds, but I pretty much fell off the wagon for the last three weeks and went back to eating like I had been. The reason for this fail? Twilight. That's right, I discovered the books, and suddenly Edward and Bella became more important that working out. And once I stopped working out, eating right stopped as well. So here's hoping that the same thing doesn't happen again.

Since last year's plan worked well (until Twilight), I'm going to reuse it. I'm alloting myself 1200 calories a day, divided thus:

Breakfast: 200
Snack: 100
Lunch: 300
Snack: 100
Dinner: 400
Dessert: 100

The thing I'm changing is that I'm not going to require so much excersise. I was working out at least an hour and a half a day. Also, I'm not going to record every little thing I do. Last year, anything that went into my mouth got written down, along with the calories and other nutritional information. My exercise was recorded as well. That's just a pain in the ass.

I'm thinking about recording either weekly or daily videos on my progress. That way I can actually see what I'm loosing. Last time I didn't really notice I was losing the weight until my clothes started falling off.

So, as I'm sure you can tell from the title of this post, I currently weigh 175 pounds. At 5'2", this puts me very much over weight. In fact, my current body fat percentage is 35.7 percent, and my BMI is 32. My body fat percentage should be between 21 and 33 percent, and a high healthy BMI is 24. Which means I've quite a way to go.

Since last year I lost 20 pounds (and that was after falling off the wagon), I'm thinking my goal this year is 30. That'd put me at 145, which I haven't weighed since 10th grade.

Which brings me to my only real concern every time I diet: I'm a recovering bulimic. I haven't done anything in almost six years, but the thoughts are always there. And every time I diet, no matter how healthy it is, a part of me is afraid I'll slip right back into things. It's scary, but it's something I have to face. I'm overweight, and if I don't lose this weight now, it'll only be more difficult to do so down the line. The harder it is, the more the idea of slipping back into old habits will start to appeal. So I just have to trust that I'm strong enough to keep from doing anything stupid.

Well, on that slightly depressing note, I've had my little yogurt and bran buds mix for breakfast today. One 6oz light fruit yogurt with a thrid of a cup of bran buds mixed in: 160 cal.

1 comment:

  1. You could always read while on the treadmill. That's what I do. I read a Koontz suspense novel and am ONLY allowed to read it if I'm on the treadmill or walking the neighborhood track.

    Too funny though. Twilight: hazardous to your health.

    ReplyDelete