Tuesday, April 20, 2010

167

I’ve been doing some research on this whole “starvation mode” thing.  Not sure what I think about it.  Yes, it makes sense: the body is like an engine.  The calories are the fuel, but the nutrients are like the oil and grease that keeps things running smoothly.  You need all of them, in the right amounts, for your engine to run efficiently.  If your engine get’s 30 miles per gallon, you can’t expect it to go 35 miles on a gallon of fuel.  Which is where the reserve tanks (fat deposits) come in.  The engine burns through that gallon of fuel, then runs the other five miles off the reserve tank.  And I’ve totally lost how I was relating this into starvation mode.  Whatever.

What concerns me is that last week my calorie deficit was 7540.  And I am losing more than what is considered healthy.  Of course, on the flip side, I am recording every little thing I do (outside of what is already considered in the PAL).  And overweight people tend to lose more than normal sized people.  And don’t you lose more weight the first few weeks of a new diet?  I really need to get my buns to my doctor and ask them all of this.

I moved my office around yesterday.  Took me five hours (and apparently 800 calories), but I got it now so it flows and looks nice.  Let me paint the picture of what it was like:

When we moved in, this place is much smaller than our last place (which was smaller than our first place), so much of my stuff was still in boxes, since I didn’t have the room to unpack it.  My office is a small room, and I had my bookshelf, a set of drawers with supplies in it, my filing cabinet, and my desk along one wall, and all the boxes crammed floor to ceiling along the other one.  Well, I’d had it with only having a small alley of floor space.  So I attacked the boxes, getting rid of about 10 of them all together.  Now everything that was along the back wall fits neatly in the closet, my desk is facing so I can look out the window, and the floor space is opened up.  The room looks so much bigger, and I am very happy with the result.  Next Monday I’m going to attack my desk and get the drawers organized.

I’ve noticed that not only am I eating healthier, but I”m living healthier.  I’m happier, less depressed, and I’m taking steps to like not only myself, but my environment.  Before, if I didn’t like something, I’d sigh and say, “I wish that could change.”  Now I’m changing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment