Saturday, April 17, 2010

169

I seem to be loosing a pound every other day.  Is that healthy?  It’s probably because this is a new diet.  You always lose the most at the start of a new diet.

My iPod is proving to be a very important part of this whole endeavor.  I have downloaded three apps in particular that are proving helpful.  There’s the BMI calculator, which I use the least.  But still, it’s nice to be able to check every once in a while where I stand on that front. 

Then there’s this iGoal app, which was very helpful.  You put in your height, gender, current weight, what you want to weigh, and when you want to be down to that weight.  It will tell you if your goal is possible or not, and if it is dangerous or not.  It well tell you your current BMI, and what it is going to be, how many calories to consume a day to maintain your current weight, how many to go through to maintain your goal weight, and how many to go through to get down to your goal weight.

Finally, there’s Lose It, the app I use the most (I think it’s getting more action than my Twitter app).  At first I wasn’t going to record everything I eat and do like I did last time, because it took so long looking up what the calories and everything was, and then writing it all down, and adding it up.  I probably spent at least 40 minutes a day just recording in that journal.  But with the Lose It app, all I have to do is find the food or exercise on a list, and the app does everything else.  It has this large database of food, even brand name foods, and an equally large database of exercises.  It even saves the ones I’ve used in the past, and saves past meals.  So when I have my yogurt in the morning, I don’t have to copy down all the information from the yogurt and the bran buds each time, I can just click on My Meals, and copy it right in there.  It takes seconds, and is so much easier.  And I like being able to see what all I’ve been doing, and how my calories that I’ve taken in measure against the ones that I’m burning.  It will even chart my weight loss.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment