Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 97

Weight: 149
BFP: 36%

I seem to have hit a plateau.  *sigh*  Figures that this plateau would coincide with my motivational slip.  Pair that with computer troubles all this past week (I about went through withdrawal not having access to the net beyond my iPod) and some issues going on with my personal life, and this has not been a fun time for me.  I don’t want to get into what the personal issues might be at this moment, but they could potentially hinder my weight loss efforts for a while.

I am trying to baby myself through this lack of motivation.  I don’t want to force myself to go all out, as I know that that will only end up with me sitting in front of the TV eating a tub of Ben and Jerry’s.  I’m keeping with the eating right and sticking to walking at the moment.  I’m hoping that when I sort things out with the rest of my life, that I might have the energy to find the motivation I need to do more.  And hopefully the plateau will break.

1 comment:

  1. Plateau's suck! I find when i hit them i usually end of giving into treats since I'm not losing anyway and wind up with the diet officially meeting an end.

    Not sure what else is going on in your life (i only read the latest post), but i know they say plateau's are normally due to your body adjusting to your workout. Minor changes may get the body to start losing again.

    Since you mentioned walking at a track, I do this myself, and a girl running with her dog told me this trick that I was too dumb to think of myself. The track is shaped like a rectangle, thus she runs the long lengths and walks the short lengths to catch her breath.

    Not only would this break your plateau if you normally only walk, but it's what's called a HITT workout. The constant interval of high intensity cardio followed by normal cardio is actually suppossed to be the fastest way to lose weight.

    I've been doing HITT workouts at home with Jillian DVD's but never thought to apply it to the track until this gil mentioned her routine.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete