Sunday, May 19, 2013

Step one

So today was my weigh in and measurement day. I have eight weeks of workouts planned out, but I might go in and alter them. As it stands right now: I’m doing C25K Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; some kind of strength training on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays; and either yoga or Pilates on Saturdays. However, I’ve been having a lot of problems with my legs the last few days. I don’t know if it’s the shoes I’m wearing or what, but by the end of my shift in the mornings, I’m all but limping. My legs are so sore, from my ankles, to my calves, to the backs of my thighs. I’ve even had a hard time getting up the stairs to my apartment the last couple of days. I still want to do the C25K, but I’m thinking I might need a day of recovery afterwards until I figure out what’s doing here. So strength training might be swapped with yoga, or just nothing at all, for a week or two. I need to start learning that it isn’t all or nothing. I think that’s where I’ve gone wrong in the past a lot: I come up with this detailed, elaborate plan of attack, and if one little part of it goes wrong, I get discouraged and just give up entirely. We’ll see.

Anywho, starting weight and measurements. I’m going to stay away from both for another eight weeks, since that’s another thing that’s gotten me down in the past: it’s so wonderful when the numbers move down quickly, but when they don’t budge, or creep at a snail’s pace, it’s discouraging. So, here’s where we’re starting things this time (hopefully the last time) around:

Weight: 186.2
Chest: 45
Waist: 42
Hips: 43
Arm: 13.25
Thigh: 25
Calf: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment