Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Daily struggles

I’m thinking I’m back on the wagon…I hope. Four days off, but I haven’t purged since Monday. Binging is another matter, but that’s been an issue of mine for years. I’m going to talk about the whole thing with my therapist tomorrow, see if we can’t start working this thing out, so I don’t end up in this situation again.

On the upside, I planned out a 16 week exercise schedule to start after finals. I’m going to get back with the Couch to 5k app, see if I can’t get running for half an hour by next semester. I’m also working in some strength training and yoga/Pilates on my days off. Maybe, hopefully, this time it’ll stick. I am so tired of not being able to look in the mirror, of hating what I see there each time my eyes do slip.

However, as I write this, I keep thinking about this article I read today. It was all about how once a person is fat, they can’t lose the weight and keep it off. It’s something like you’re 25 times more likely to survive a gunshot wound to the head as to keep a significant amount of weight off. Not very encouraging.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think those statistics are relevant -- I think the high failure rate of diets has a lot to do with people who aren't really ready to make a change.

    ReplyDelete