Thursday, June 27, 2013

The progress so far

If we can call it that. I haven’t exactly stuck to my exercise schedule I so carefully planned out. And by “haven’t exactly,” I mean not at all. However, I have done something else, something that means surprisingly more to me: I’ve cut my portions back to more normal sizes. I haven’t been denying myself, like I typically do with diets; if I want a brownie, I make brownies, but I cut the pan into 16 pieces (which is what the box labels as servings) and freeze 3/4 of the pan, taking out 1/4 at a time. And I’ve exercised a few times, but it’s been because I wanted to, not because I felt I had to. And, surprisingly, I think I’ve lost some weight. I’m not going to get on the scale for a while yet, but if I had to guess, I’d say about 10 pounds, give or take. And you know what’s funny? I’ve noticed more of a difference in my body with those 10 pounds than with the 40 I lost before. I know logically that there was more of a difference with the 40, but I never saw it. This, this I’m seeing. I’m hoping that means that whatever switch needed to flip in my head is in the process of flipping, that maybe I am finally on the path I need to get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment